Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Introducing Freshwater Stew, my new blog devoted solely to my awesome job! Through some crazy and wonderful twist of fate, I recently became the Stewardship Coordinator for Friends of the Mississippi River. This means I help plan, coordinate, and implement all of FMR's stewardship and education events. These include restoration activities like planting, invasive species removal, and seed collecting, education events like birding hikes, waterfowl watching, and informational talks, and paddling and touring special places along the river.

For my first month and a half it's been lots of learning and planning, and I've been really itching for an event to actually happen! But last week I finally got to experience my first event, so it is officially on! I will try to write about as many of the events as I can here, because they are all so totally awesome. So stay tuned!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Hooray for your new job and your new blog too! I love the idea, because this way I can learn more about what you do, and we can share ideas too. And the fact that your new job involves birds - well, that's just over the top!

MJ said...

This is great Karen, I love this idea of a blog devoted to your work